Friday, July 22, 2011

Euro Journal: Day 9 Paris: Lunch with Laurent and walking around randomly… by myself! Mon 18 July 2011

This is the day to reunite with the French producer, Mr. Laurent Lavolé. I got to his office on Rue Montmartre at 12.45 sharp as agreed. He took me to a nice cafe near by to have lunch. It was really nice to see him again though it was too short since he's got works to do. He suggested me to go see two famous venues in the area: Galeries Vivienne and Jardins du Palais Royal. They were both very nice.

I was gonna turn back to go to Forum des Images, but I thought since I've come this far, I might as well go straight down. So I walked straight ahead, passed by Louvre, Opera, Galeries Lafayette, and finally went up to Montmartre. After passing by Moulin Rouge, I found Café des 2 Moulins again just up in the street next to it, and it was opened this time. I had a quick coffee there since I was hurrying home to call Steve before midnight in Taiwan.

Unfortunately, I got a bit lost and was getting some groceries. I finally got back around 6.30. Soon after it, Caro, who went to Eric's house to hang out with her dad and little brother more, text me and suggested that we can go to a nice bar called 'Le Piano Vache' where there was a weekly gig on that evening with her friends, Olivier, Anton and Felix.

I went there all suited up since it was cold at night and I don't really get the chance to wear them. So I might as well take the chance. It was a lovely little bar, and the guitar performance was great. We left the bar around 11 and went back after I got a doche de leche crepe to eat as a late dinner.

No comments: