Saturday, July 23, 2011

Euro Journal: Day 13 Paris: Bibliothèque François Mitterrand, Saint-Michel, Festival Fnac Live, Le Marais and Cadet Fri 22 July 2011

It was a slow day again since it didn't start very well. We were gonna see "Full Metal Jacket" at MK2 Bibliothèque, the biggest one I've been to so far, but we didn't realize that it was an one day single screening on Thursday, and today was "Eyes Wide Shut." So we learned the lesson to confirm before going the next time.

After contemplating about what to do instead, Caro decided to go to Eric's house again to spend time with her dad and brother before they go. As for me, I went to Saint-Michel to have lunch at a kebab store and go to see Skolimowski's "Moonlighting."

Because it started to rain when I came out of the theatre and a few other reason's, I gave up to see "Nashville" right after the first film. I got on line to talk to Steve after I got back, and lazing around a little. Caro came back around 6pm. We had a simple dinner and then headed out to meet her friends from Brussels who came to visit as well.

Caro had to take them to her grandma's place where they will stay at to drop their bags, and I decided to go to the Festival Fnac Live at Hôtel de Ville. A band just about to play when I got there at 9.15. They are called 'Cascadeur,' a new French electronic band with the style similar to Daft Punk but no musicwise at all. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

When it reached 11, I kept on checking my mobile but still no messages from Caro, so I topped my sim card to get in touch with her. Turned out that they just arrived at a friend's flat for the house party. I decided to explore the area more, so I went to Le Marais once again and ended up in a seemingly popular bar called 'Raidd.' It was sort of packed, and the drinks were pretty expensive, but later on I realized that it was for the shows they put on.

Thankfully I only had 20 euros left on me, so I left there around 1.30 and went to catch the metro to Cadet, where the house party was. Everyone was having a good time when I got there. I started to drink and dance and try to blend in. It was a fun time nonetheless. We stayed until 5am for the metro to start running. Responsible Caro still had to take care of her friends, while Sophia and I went back after the afterparty breakfast. I had the very first Onion soup in France. Yum!

No comments: