Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Euro Journal: Day 8 Paris: Musée du Louvre, boat ride, back to Saint-Michel & Odéon Sun 17 July 2011

Caro and I had another arrangement to meet up with her father and all. Though it was 3pm this time, we still couldn't help to be fashionably late again. The original goal was actually Musée d'Orsay, but the line was simply impossible. So they suggested to go to Musée du Louvre instead.

Talking about Louvre, 'La Jaconte' is of course the most popular attraction, but it was in fact less crowded than I imagined although there was still a great amount of people gathering in front of it and wait for 10 minutes to get to the very front just to take a picture of it. I mean, what is the point?

Since we didn't have enough time, I took a quick stroll on the first floor where the French, Italian and Spain paintings are placed. It was really something rather magnificent. I think I will have to go back to see more of it.

The sun finally came out around 6pm. It was a good call to go on a boat ride. We got on the boat at Pont-Neuf at 6.30. It took us to look around Paris, all the famous tourists' attractions. It was pretty nice besides a bit chilly when the sun moved behind us on the way back.

After dinner in a restaurant in Saint-Michel and saying goodbye to the gang, Caro and I decided to go see a film in Odéon. We still went for MK2 since they had the best choices. I went to see "Beginners," and she went to see "Un Amour de Jeunesse (Goodbye First Love)."

No comments: