Tuesday, August 03, 2010

UK Journal: Day 2 02/08/10 Mon

Because of the jet lag, Steve and I woke up before even before the time 9am as planned. Mr. Sloan very kindly made us breakfast which was with bacons, sausages, toasts, an egg and some coffee. We went to the Tesco in the neighborhood to do some shopping. Afterward, Steve decided to show me around the shopping center of the town. Once again, I lost my mind in HMV and searched through DVDs one by one to choose the ones worth collecting carefully, and that made Steve waited for about 1.5 hours. I felt terribly sorry to him, but he's just nice and patient as always. We kept walking around a little bit, and he showed me some good restaurants and a cinema in one of the malls.


We started to walk back at around 4.30pm. I began to drink the Strongbow cider which I'd heard about for quite some time. It was really quite good but also made me blush right away. After Mr. and Mrs. Sloan got back, I got another glass of nice white wine, but I could only drink it very slowly. Mr. Sloan made very nice Shepherd's pies. That was a large portion, but I somehow incredibly managed to finish it.


Mr. Sloan suggest to watch "A Fistful of Dollars" from his DVD collections which was one of the classics I'd always wanted to watch. It was surely a great work and lived up to the distinguished status of the original "Yojimbo" by Akira Kurosawa. It's a nice, relaxing first day in UK. But I've found myself feeling as being back in Taiwan since I felt that there were a lot similarities between the two places even they are far from each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site georgepchuang.blogspot.com
Is this possible?